How to Afford a St. Nicholas Education
St. Nicholas School values diversity in its school population.
There are many ways to fund a St. Nicholas education. Where there is a need we encourage families to confidentially apply for a need-based financial assistance award, which can be supplemented with loans or a combination of payment plans.
All decisions relative to financial assistance are made independent of the admission process and will not impact in any way a child’s possibility for admission.
We are happy to work closely with families as they navigate tuition payments and need-based financial assistance applications. Each family is unique, and we are here to help you determine the best plan for you. We look forward to serving your family.
Contact Jeff Denton or Sally Williams
The Financial Assistance process is available all year. If applying for financial assistance, please contact the St. Nicholas School Business Office to let us know. The Financial Assistance Application is to be completed online. If you have questions, contact Jeff Denton or Sally Williams by email or by calling 423-899-1999. The deadline for filing a financial aid application for consideration in the first round of allocations for 2020-21 is Monday, February 10, 2020.
St. Nicholas subscribes to the principles and services of School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS), which provides a financial analysis based on the confidential statement of need as noted on the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). SSS reports provide a point of departure for St. Nicholas in determining all final decisions on financial aid amounts.
Financial Aid Overview
St. Nicholas School provides financial aid to families on the basis of documented financial need. The school uses the services of the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) in Randolph, MA, as a part of the school’s determination of a family’s level of need.
Please be assured that both the application and allocation process is done with strict regard for confidentiality. Also, the admission process is conducted without consideration of financial need.
The fee for submitting online is $51.
If you apply for financial aid, it is critical that you:
1. Complete your PFS (Parent’s Financial Statement) online at sssbynais.force.com/familyportal
2. The application fee is $51.
3. If someone other than the parent is financially responsible for the student, that person should complete a PFS and explain his/her relationship to the student. You may wish to include a letter explaining unusual circumstances. In case of separated, never married, or divorced parents, the custodial and non-custodial parents, as well as the present spouse, should each complete the PFS and upload all supporting documents to SSS. The school may request additional information regarding non-custodial parents.
4. Financial Aid grants are need-based and not to be repaid. Applications must be submitted annually.
5. Upload all supporting documents including:
a. 2019 tax forms, W-2’s, 1099’s
Business or Farm Statement
For each business or farm you own, complete a copy of the form “SSS Business or Farm Statement” found on SSS website, online along with uploading 2019 business/farm taxes.
• Please read the online instructions carefully on how to upload the supporting documents.
When Are Applicants Notified?
The Financial Aid Committee meets in March to allocate Financial Aid. You will receive information regarding you application for financial aid during the month of March 2020. Formal contracts and financial assistance grants cannot be issued until all requested information is received.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Link to School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS)